Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2018 9:59:17 AM(UTC)

It is a type of silicone. I don't see any burned spots on the inside of the wave guide. Is it burnt on the outside?

If its arcing inside the wave guide, that's bad. If its burning off the end of the magnetron that's even worse.
RMPPOD Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 7:53:53 AM(UTC)

I am thinking the material may be RTV. Has anyone found RTV applied under a wave guide cover?
RMPPOD Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 9:35:52 AM(UTC)

Was hearing arcing sound as food was cooking. Eventually the arcing got worse and the microwave shut down after 30 seconds or so of cooking. The microwave was reset and again shutdown after a few seconds of cooking. I suspect the waveguide cover as being the part causing this problem. After unseating the cover, I noticed some silicon type gasket material around the waveguide aperture. Is there a gasket or other sealing material required when replacing the cover? Attached is a photo of the material I found.

Thanks for any input concerning replacing the waveguide cover and arcing.

RMPPOD