Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Thursday, January 3, 2013 9:57:12 AM(UTC)

Hello,

Very likely the transformer has interturn short circuit. It's very hard to diagnose because of special equipment needed. The only solution is to replace the transformer. You can order it from APP for $167.27

- The HV transformer Part number: WB27X10867
Part number: WB27X10867

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Microwave parts for GE JVM3670SK02 - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
maui4max Posted: Tuesday, January 1, 2013 2:50:35 PM(UTC)

I have a GE Spacemaker JVM3670SK02 which works but does not heat. I replaced the magnetron. Both the capacitor and diode tested fine. Fuses are fine. There is power to the HV transformer. I disconnected the capacitor and then powered up the microwave and tested the output voltage of the HV transformer using a cheap multimeter. I found there was high voltage for about 2 - 3 seconds and then nothing, nada, zip. I'm not an appliance repair person but this doesn't seem right. What is the best way to test the transformer? I don't want to spend almost $200 for a new one if it's not necessary.

Thanks.