Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
rc63413 Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 8:58:51 AM(UTC)

I don't mind that so much if at least it is servicable without having to replace both microwave and the stove below which is what the appliance manufacturer told my wife.
richappy Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 5:28:09 AM(UTC)

If it is intermittant, the magnetron can be pulled out and waveguide cleaned and rf seal replaced, but sometimes the unit will have to be removed to do this.
rc63413 Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 3:50:20 AM(UTC)

Does repair require a complete microwave and lower oven replacement or is it repairable up top? Also, it is a very intermittent problem twice in the last year or so. The burned metal is just at the top of the metal plate that holds the magnetron. Is this consistent with your diagnosis? I know nothing about this.
richappy Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 4:23:05 PM(UTC)

The metal in the waveguide has etched and arking to the magnetron antenna.
This is not repairable, waveguide is welded in!
woodchuckie Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 2:39:37 PM(UTC)

If you're lucky the easiest fix is to clean the interior, especially the delicate paper like screen covering the hole.
rc63413 Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 1:04:02 PM(UTC)

I have a microwave that infrequently, though very alarmingly, arcs. There are burn marks on the top of the metal piece that holds the magnetron up to the frame of the microwave. I have not opened it up any further. I don't know if it is coming from the power supply or megnetron. How dangerous is this to work on? We called the company that sold us the unit and they say, without coming out, that we would need to replace both the microwave and the lower oven unit as the items are out of stock ($3K). At least that is how my wife explained it to me. Any thoughts of what might be the problem?