Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Matt40 Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 8:20:12 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
The 750 watt overload should protect the compressor, that is less than 10% over the existing one.

Thanks! You just helped me more than any of the actual part manufacturers lol.
richappy Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 1:34:38 AM(UTC)

The 750 watt overload should protect the compressor, that is less than 10% over the existing one.
Matt40 Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 11:50:47 AM(UTC)

So I have an old Kenmore dehumidifier that needs an overload relay. The compressor relay burned out a while ago, im guessing because the overload is just missing. The part has no equivalent that I can find, I found one online from a dehumidifier that runs at 750 watts, mine is 700. So basically my question is - is the 50 watt difference close enough for the thing to work a little bit longer? I already bought the new relay for like 50 bucks and it's just going to burn out without the overload.

Or basically if anyone can tell me how those overload switches are rated so I can find something that would work, seems like a waste to throw out an otherwise working unit because of one part.