Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
jeromio Posted: Friday, January 31, 2020 2:05:52 PM(UTC)

Imma answer my own question. I checked a separate, working dryer and it's the same. Apparently it's normal for the timer to just be "on" even if the dryer is off.
jeromio Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 6:51:31 PM(UTC)

Dryer kept tripping breaker and bc it was late, my blanket was in there and I was tired, I just kept resetting the breaker. Eventually it wouldn't reset anymore. Turns out there's a short across ground and one of the 110 legs (right side of dryer, black).

That half of the circuit on the breaker is completely fried (oops). I took the dryer apart assuming the coil had shorted. Traced that thru all the sensors/thermistors and landed on the black wire going into the timer. When that is disconnected, the short disappears. Connected, it offers about 1000ohm resistance.

So, before I spend $100 on a new timer, does this scenario make sense? It's a ~10yr old appliance, everything looks fine. Would a timer fail in this way? I'm mostly familiar with failed timers sticking on or off, not shorting hot to ground....?

If it matters, I tested all the thermistors and they're 0ohm at room temp.