Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
CletusT Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2015 7:20:31 PM(UTC)

As far as the timer getting stuck, that would be my guess as to why it won't advance past a certain spot. Defective timer will cause it to stop in one spot and stay on.
I'm not sure, but I doubt the moisture sensor will cause the timer to stop advancing.
As far as no heat, it can be a bad fuse, bad high limit thermostat, bad cycling thermostat, or burned out element.
HMH1983 Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 6:44:16 PM(UTC)

I have a dryer that is giving me problems. First of all the dryer stopped shutting off. The timer advances on the dial but seems to get stuck before the end of the cycle and then will not shut off. The dryer shuts off when I open the door and will not come back on until I push the button to start it again. This has been going on for a little bit so I would always set a timer and then shut if off manually.

Recently, within the last week, it has stopped heating up. The drum turns but no heat is being produced no matter what setting I am using. (I am guessing this is just my heating element).

What parts do you think I should replace to fix the first issue (not shutting off)?

Do you think I am correct to assume the heating problem is due to a heating element?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated because I very much do not want to waste money?