Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2023 5:49:13 PM(UTC)

I had this problem. It cost about an hour to fix it. When I took the timer out and removed the cover, I noticed burn marks on the inside of the cover. I suspect that a visitor who used the dryer turned the dial the wrong way & it shorted. Two of the contacts on the mechanism on the inside of the timer had carbon burns. I lighted sanded them clean & reinstalled the timer. It works now.
denman Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2009 1:09:02 AM(UTC)

Am not sure about the temperatures perhaps someone else has a test routine.

Usually a candy or meat thermometer can be used in the exhaust vent.

High heat should be about 150 or so, with low heat (delicate) at about 120.

The cycling thermostat opens at 155 and closes at 130 (high heat setting) so you will see a fair amount of temperature fluctuation depending on how fast the thermometer you use can react to temp variations.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
PattyL Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 3:47:35 PM(UTC)

Thanks, I bought the new timer and that seems to be working well. I think the dryer is still too hot though. Do you know what temp. each setting should get to? Or do you know where I can find that info? Best way to test temp.? (I used an instant read thermometer)
denman Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:05:06 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL LEP6848AW0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a wiring diagram
https://www.servicematters.com/d...0Sheet%20-%203396203.pdf

The timer is AC so should not be able to run backwards, I would replace this.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
PattyL Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:36:58 AM(UTC)

Whirlpool dryer model LEP6848AWO timer starts going in the right direction but when it hits the cool down cycle, the timer starts going backwards. It will eventually turn itself off, but the cloths seem to be very hot (no burning smell) even on low heat setting. This started with the automatic dry setting, and now seems to happen on the timed setting too. I took the back off and cleaned out the vent and pipe is clear. Problem is intermittent. Do I need a new timer? Cycling thermostat? New dryer?