Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
joshhud Posted: Saturday, February 2, 2013 5:45:39 AM(UTC)

Hi all I am having a similar problem. I have replaced my rear bearing, idler pulley and belt l but it is still squeaking very loud... any other suggestions?
sidfink43 Posted: Friday, March 18, 2011 6:03:41 PM(UTC)

Once you take off the front you will see the glides, or what is left of them. You do not have to take out the drum.

Here is the exploded view of your dryer front.

Front panel & door replacement parts for General Electric DBXR463ED0CC Electric dryer | AppliancePartsPros.com

The Glides go on the front drum bearing.

While you have it open clean it out. Lint builds up, as you will see.
tculler Posted: Friday, March 18, 2011 5:58:01 PM(UTC)

First off, Sid - Thanks.

Second, where are the glides located? Will I see them when I take the front off, and will I have to remove the drum to replace the glides? Since a quick (1/4 sec) squirt of Silicone spray between the drum and the frame quiets the problem for a day or so, I assume it's the glides and not the rear bearing.
sidfink43 Posted: Friday, March 18, 2011 5:43:02 PM(UTC)

The sides do not come off. After you have removed the top there are two screws which hold the front to the frame. Remove them, disconnect the door switch wires and the front will lift off.

There are two reasons these models have the squeal. One if the rear bearing, this part here.

Part number: AP2619300
Part number: AP2619300

and the other are the front glides, usually two white and two green ones.

Replace them and the rear bearing, and you should be all set.
tculler Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 4:51:02 PM(UTC)

I have a GE dryer which squeaks loudly, louder with heavier loads. A quick squirt of silicone oil on top between the drum and the frame that holds the drum silences the squeak for a day or so, then it comes back. It doesn't look like it rides on felt - maybe plastic spacers are worn/gone?

I can get the top off (actually I leave it unscrewed so I can squirt the oil in there every day) but have trouble figuring out how to remove the front or side panels.

Heeeeellllp...

Thanks in advance.