Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 1:58:48 PM(UTC)

Whirlpool had redesign the heating element. The new part has two bigger terminals to provide better connection. You can replace the wire terminals or order the two new heating element wires which can be spliced with the old wires.

According to the wiring diagram, the wire coming from the high limit thermostat and the orange wire (from the timer) should be connected to one of the heating element terminals and the red wire, which goes to the motor centrifugal switch, should be connected to the other heating element terminal.

- The heating element wire (two needed) Part number: AP3134638
koala63 Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 9:18:12 AM(UTC)

I need help installing my heating element. I received my new one but it does not match the old heating element. I called to make sure the correct part was sent for my dryer. The old one has 3 prongs to hook up the electrical wires to, but the new one only has 2 prongs and the prongs are too big for the electrical wire connectors.