Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
WilliamM/APP Team Posted: Friday, March 15, 2024 5:37:15 AM(UTC)

The main voltage supply wires going through to the control would need to be checked for any indication of grounding out. The control would also need to be checked for any damage that may indicate it shorted out.
Guest Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2024 4:35:14 AM(UTC)

My suggestion is to look at the wire connections inside the dryer. I have found on rare occasions a wire /wire connector almost in touch with a ground path. It will happen when it gets warm and when it cools back down it works again for a while!!! The one I had trouble finding took me 2 days to find it.
AlexanderK Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2024 1:37:06 PM(UTC)

Hi all,

I have two Amana NED7300WW1 Electric Dryers. One works perfectly, one trips the dedicated breaker randomly, and rarely. Once it started doing this, I replaced the electric cord, checked the contacts (looked good), cleaned out the exhaust, disassembled and cleaned out the lint trap. Using multimeter, checked the heating element to see if it was in contact with the casing, which it was not.

Once the problem returned, I plugged the problematic dryer into the non-problematic dryer's outlet, and vice versa. The problematic dryer tripped the non-problematic breaker. Using deduction it seems that the breaker, outlet, and cord are all ok, therefore it must be something inside the dryer itself.

I'm preparing to disassemble and test as many parts individually as I can to try and hunt down the misbehaving part.

Has anyone run into this before? Or have any suggestions? I don't mind doing the footwork, but not finding anything obviously wrong is what I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks.