Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Pete Pliers Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2022 10:03:54 PM(UTC)

I decided to install a new OEM Whirlpool motor but it also makes noise :( ...It's kind of a light ticking/clanking sound and is coming from the front of the motor, just behind the front bearing.

Is it normal for a new motor to make noise like this? The original was quiet before the bearings started squealing.
ThatGuy Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 6:18:47 PM(UTC)

You can try oiling the bearings,it might help. You could drill into the bearings and add some oil. Just don't hit the motor shaft. Or pry the end cap off and add oil to the packing materials.

I've tried these methods over the years, with mixed results. If you've got the time and patience it might help.
Pete Pliers Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 10:08:07 AM(UTC)

My dryer wouldn't run and made a loud humming noise when trying to start it. There was also a faint burning rubber smell.

I took the dryer apart and found that one of the support roller wheels was binding and that the idler pulley was worn. I have ordered new ones.

The shaft on the motor turns easily by hand but the bearings are noisy and screech a bit. Is it worth trying to oil the bearings on the motor (Whirlpool #8528319) with something like zoom oil, or is that a bad idea?