Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
PNWDrew Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2017 3:51:04 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: thorning Go to Quoted Post
Also look for a burned wire/terminal. A meter is indespensible in checking for this type of problem

+1 on that-- if you work with anything elec it is a must.

@hoymanj - the element only needs 2 120 v lines reaching it, one through timer and thermostats and the other from motor centrifugal switch. Without a multimeter for testing you would just be throwing parts at it.

It could be the motor, timer, terminal block, wiring, etc... get yourself a cheap multimeter.

Remote diagnosis without info is difficult. You could quickly spend more in parts than it's worth by the time we stumble on the right one.

Once you can properly test it I'm sure we can help.
thorning Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2017 5:47:11 AM(UTC)

Also look for a burned wire/terminal. A meter is indespensible in checking for this type of problem
hoymanj Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2017 4:51:42 AM(UTC)

I did all the things that you mentioned still no luck. The thermal cut off switch #is AP3094244. I bought I through this company. Thank you.
PNWDrew Posted: Friday, August 4, 2017 10:06:40 AM(UTC)

There are a bunch of possibilities but you've hit both likely suspects. Do you have a multimeter that you can use to perform volt/ohm checks? They are cheap at any Harbor Freight, HD or Lowe's, auto parts store etc...

Also the thermal cutoff is the uppermost thermostat on this design, in terms of location on the duct and temperature. It should have come with the thermostat that mounts down by the element connections?
What was the part # of the thermal cutoff?

Finally did you reset the breaker by turning it fully off and back on a few times? It sounds obvious but I see it a few times a month and have to charge $100 to do it.
hoymanj Posted: Thursday, August 3, 2017 2:39:08 PM(UTC)

My dryer wasn't heating up so I replaced the heating element and thermal cut off switch. I still have no heat but everything else still works. Is there something else I need to replace or do? Thank you.