Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Lerxst Posted: Saturday, July 29, 2017 3:52:50 AM(UTC)

Thank you PNWDrew! I put an ohmmeter on it -- in a dry state, it reads as open (infinity). With a wet sponge against it, it reads around 10K ohms.

So that tells me the moisture bars are working fine.

Additionally, the bars were not loose. I removed them though, cleaned out the lint buildup behind the bars and reseated the connections.

Now what? :confused:
PNWDrew Posted: Thursday, July 27, 2017 9:54:46 PM(UTC)

The moisture sensor bars are easily tested with a multimeter, they are simply two metal bars. There should be inf or oL resistance between them if dry, and that should decrease towards 0 if you use a wet rag during testing to connect them.
If one of the plugs to them has come off that'll throw sensing off (though usually toward stopping early, have you recently seen it loose or out of place? That is common on these. And as a warning, if you try to pull that plastic bar from inside the drum be very careful as there is almost no free wire to them and you may disconnect them just trying.
If it continues to run long after load is dry and it was the sensors then the moisture sensor bars would need to be electrically connected, as if a wet item was against them, meaning you'd see low resistance between them, you can test right in the drum by just putting probes against the bars.
Lerxst Posted: Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:21:23 PM(UTC)

Dryer auto sense is not working and dryer does not turn off. The clothes will be dry, yet it will continue to run and heat, but never shut off. After mulling it over, my plan is to replace the moisture sensor bars.

Before I do that though, is there anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks!