Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ElectricPotato Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 2:23:48 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Central Florida Appliance Go to Quoted Post
Does you vent goto the roof ?

No. It goes into the attic and then out the side of the house. And yes, I've cleaned out the little flap and if does open freely when the dryer is on.
Central Florida Appliance Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 12:44:41 PM(UTC)

The tstat might be bad the temp might not be cycling right but ive had customers that have had the vent cleaned but the roof cap was never cleared
Central Florida Appliance Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 12:39:28 PM(UTC)

Does you vent goto the roof ?
ElectricPotato Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 12:35:25 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Central Florida Appliance Go to Quoted Post
Have you check your dryer vent for clogs you might just need a vent cleaning making sure roof cap is clear

Yes. Last year I cleaned the entire duct system out. all the way from inside the dryer to the outside of the house. I was really hoping that would've helped but it didn't.
Central Florida Appliance Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 12:01:44 PM(UTC)

Have you check your dryer vent for clogs you might just need a vent cleaning making sure roof cap is clear
ElectricPotato Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 10:42:43 AM(UTC)

My LGE0442W takes forever to dry simple loads of clothes - for example, 3 towels takes more then 2 runs of 50 minutes each on high temperature.
When I take them out, they don't seem that hot but they do seem warm.
In my experience a heating element is either bad or good - not half bad. So maybe there's a resistor or something that regulates the heat output that has gone bad?

Any ideas would be appreciated.