Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 2:18:25 PM(UTC)

Hi Paul,

Make sure the heating element coils are not touching any metal parts and all wires are connected according to the wiring diagram and all connections are firm. The heating element should be properly inserted into the heater housing.

Check the blower wheel and make sure it's not slipping on the motor shaft. If it does, replace the blower wheel.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for Crosley CDE8000W Dryer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
paul keegan Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 10:23:54 PM(UTC)

About 3 weeks ago our dryer quit..... a build up of lint had plugged the venting and the safety fuse tripped. I ordered a new element, thermostat and safety fuse and installed them. 2 days later the element burned out. I was sent a replacement . A week later, that one burned out. When I first replaced my parts, I thoroughly cleaned the dryer and vent pipe outside. Any ideas why this is happening? The last element was over 5 years old.