Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
zinger Posted: Monday, December 10, 2012 10:50:59 AM(UTC)

Ok so I tested everything and they all appear to be in range. I did get it to light once but then the igniter was not lighting so I retested and it gave different readings. Then it didn's glow...then it did...So I am going to try and replace the ignitor and try new coils.
zinger Posted: Friday, December 7, 2012 6:41:31 PM(UTC)

I have been trying to repair our gas dryer for days.

• The dryer turns on and shortly there after the igniter lights up and glows for 15 seconds and then shuts off. I hear a click and smell gas but no flame ignites.
  • I flipped the breaker, cleaned out the vent and I replaced the gas valve coils thinking these would be an easy fix. No luck.
  • Can a thermal fuse be bad but the igniter still glows?
  • Is there anything else I should consider testing replacing, re-cleaning?
  • I am going to try and test the coils, igniter and flame sensor to see if there is continuity/correct ohms.
I am very new at all of this and getting frustrated but think your site is amazing....fingers crossed that it will work.