Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Simon / APP Team Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 8:51:30 AM(UTC)

You are very welcome.

Simon.
karolpl2004 Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2012 7:20:03 AM(UTC)

your solution worked perfectly! thank you so much!
karolpl2004 Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 7:15:31 PM(UTC)

well, it looks like a coil problem. the igniter lights up but no flame on the second time. I also followed the guide found here :http://appliancejunk.com...t-dryer-gas-valve-coils/ on checking the coils, and the three terminal solenoid seems to have a bit too much resistance. I will get new solenoids tomorrow and follow up. thanks for the reply!
Simon / APP Team Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 3:44:48 PM(UTC)

Hi.

Detach the vent from the dryer, put normal load in and start it. Open little plug in the left bottom corner and observe the flame performance. Gas on for approx. 2 min. then off for 1 min. If the ignitor start glowing but no gas - replace the control coils. If everything works fine, put the vent back and check it again. If the dryer will short cycle- then the problem is the clogged vent.

The control coils kit Part number: 279834
Part number: 279834

You can't check the flame performance with out the dryer being assembled.

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.
karolpl2004 Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 12:51:48 PM(UTC)

Hi,
i opened the dryer, replaced the cycling thermostat and the problem continues. After removing the drum, when i turn it on, it has a flame for about a minute and then turns the flame off for a bit, then it turns on again, and repeats. But when i reassembled it, and tried drying clothes it does not dry. Could someone provide me some tips? The vent is not clogged. Also could someone provide me the ohms readings for all components? Thanks!