Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
kayakcrzy Posted: Sunday, January 1, 2012 11:41:16 AM(UTC)

kayakcrzy Posted: Sunday, January 1, 2012 11:41:14 AM(UTC)

Michael M Posted: Sunday, January 1, 2012 9:05:56 AM(UTC)

Thanks Kayakcrzy. I'll give that a test. Thanks for the info. I'll repost with my success story!
kayakcrzy Posted: Sunday, January 1, 2012 4:10:45 AM(UTC)

As a service tech, alot of people say the vent is clear, and it is not fully clear, because they don't knowm how hard the air flow should come out from the outside of the house. If you are positive, and have a short run, It usually is the high limit thermostat. The way to quickly check it is if you have an ohm meter, when you turn on the dryer, and the heat comes on, when it cuts off, quickly unplug the dryer, and pull 1 wire off the high limit thermostat, and do an ohm reading. If you get no reading, then it is cutting off on the high limit thermostat. If you have no meter, and the vent is clear, replacing them both, would be fine. Tom Appliance Educator, Appliance Parts, Washer and Dryer Parts, Refridgerator and Freezer Parts, Stove and Oven Parts
Michael M Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 1:02:59 PM(UTC)

My Maytag dryer model #MDG4000BWQ dryer seems to work properly except that the clothes don't dry. When front cover is off I observed that the igniter lites, gas flows and flame is present for approx. 30 seconds then shuts off. This cycle happens about every two minutes. The vent line is clear.

Is the flame supposed to last longer? Does this sound like a cycling T-stat and/or a Hi limit T-stat issue? Should I just replace both?

Also, I tried drying a load in the 'moisture sensing' setting. After 1.5 hours of operation the dial had only moved very slightly. I didn't try it on a timed setting. Don't know if that is normal or does that indicate another problem?

I have already replaced the gas coils. I hate just being a "parts changer." I would like to troubleshoot if possible but am ready to have a properly functioning dryer that actually dries clothes too.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Michael