Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Band Posted: Friday, December 23, 2011 4:20:21 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Al R. Go to Quoted Post
--
Hi.
I have one similar diswasher motor that I got from a broken machine yrs ago and I want to use it for something else.
Maybe you can help me.
I want to know how to make it run, because I have tried all the wires and so far no luck.
It has white, black, red and blue. The motor # is 5KH22EJ074As. I tried first the white one with each one of the others and nothing, then each color with another...nothing. What should I do to make it run?...Thanks:o

It's easy...you have two winding, the first one it's the run winding and the other one it's the auxiliary winding. The run winding have 3-7 ohms and the auxiliary have 6-10 ohms and it's connect in serial with a capacitor 23.5 uf.

the L1(120vac) go with the blue motor wire
the neutral(white) go with the white and the red motor wire
the capacitor is connect with the black motor wire
for start the motor pulse the blue motor wire with the capacitor it's simply
Egor50 Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 11:08:18 AM(UTC)

But there are still some around, you have to get 2 pillow blocks and get shafted! But guess what? Bench grinders are 39.00! Deltas too! The trend has done wonders for the power tool world. I have so many good power tools now I need to rent storage for them! But...there is no reason to charge what they do for replacement motors for appliances. these big guysdo stuff like this because it adds up...to personal bonuses. how do you think they get to retire on the numbers they do? 20 - 30 million in severances? and the stockholders doing good too! Look at ink jet printer ink! Same crowbar...
richappy Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 1:15:55 AM(UTC)

The age of the universal motor is over. For example, if you wanted a motor for a grinder, the only motor suitable would be a dryer motor, but now they are all open frame motors, and there are no longer motor mounts for them, you have to make them.
Egor50 Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2010 5:37:06 PM(UTC)

See Poor guy gave up for lack of information! Buy New! Corporations win out every time! Without proper Service info your "maze" only leads to make em richer! When I was a kid I repaired television sets. This was in the 60s and 70s they were "hybrids" tube and transistor together. And for $3 you could go to the local TV repair shop and get a "Sams Photofact" for any model of TV or radio, or console phonagraph made! Service made easy! But then ICs started and service was no longer viable. Toss it and buy another one. Only America does this to such an extent that it is frowned upon by most of the world. Why? How do we go from an orderly service library for every television made (And that is pre computer days!) being a thriving business to "GONE"? I know how. And the same thing is happening in the larger appliances but more slowly. There is no guess work involved. The fix is in, the game is rigged and America is dying economically due to a group of less than 1%. Think its over the top thinking? Well then just keep spending, and spending. Its the control of spending itself that makes them and breaks us. Thats a fact. My heart goes out to this guy.
Al R. Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 2:59:43 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Can't find a schematic for your dryer, but will give you wiring ifo.
The heater wires are a larger gauge and usually red, these two go to pins 1& 2 of the motor, no polarity required. The blue wire goes to pin 5, the white/red wire goes to pin 4, and the black wire goes to pin 6. Your centrifical switch should have the wire tabs color coded, unless the label fell off.
If you scrambled the wires going to the motor windings from the centrifical switch, I can look that up later.

--
Hi.
I have one similar diswasher motor that I got from a broken machine yrs ago and I want to use it for something else.
Maybe you can help me.
I want to know how to make it run, because I have tried all the wires and so far no luck.
It has white, black, red and blue. The motor # is 5KH22EJ074As. I tried first the white one with each one of the others and nothing, then each color with another...nothing. What should I do to make it run?...Thanks:o
richappy Posted: Wednesday, January 7, 2009 1:10:29 AM(UTC)

If I remember right, pin 4 goes to ground sometimes through the door switch and pin 5 goes to the power source, but I presently don't have a dryer to check.
Also, your original motor has a special pulley. Does the new motor have this special pulley? Motor # AP3094242
stretch88 Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2008 9:43:39 PM(UTC)

Hey richappy. I am not trying to step on anyones toes, but you said that the white wire goes to pin #4, blue to #5, aren't those two swithched around? Every diagram and motor I am now checking on have blue at pin 4 and white w/red or orange stripe going to pin 5, and as you stated black at pin 6. Just checking. Take care and good luck. I hope to see which way is right. Thanks for all your knowledge, awesome sight.
Jamie
sdemiss Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2007 7:56:18 PM(UTC)

I have a similar problem with wiring. I have a Kenmore Elite Dryer (Model# 110.73952102) and am trying to replace the electronic panel because one of the resistors is fried. I also opened the kick plate to clean a little bit and found a loose red/yellow wire that originates from the moisture sensor @ the electonic panel. Is this something that should be grounded, meaning be left like that, or should it be attached to something?

Thanks
richappy Posted: Monday, September 24, 2007 1:46:17 AM(UTC)

Can't find a schematic for your dryer, but will give you wiring ifo.
The heater wires are a larger gauge and usually red, these two go to pins 1& 2 of the motor, no polarity required. The blue wire goes to pin 5, the white/red wire goes to pin 4, and the black wire goes to pin 6. Your centrifical switch should have the wire tabs color coded, unless the label fell off.
If you scrambled the wires going to the motor windings from the centrifical switch, I can look that up later.
loweluckie Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2007 6:08:59 PM(UTC)

it is a combo but the model # on dryer motor is s58nxlht-6295 and the part # is 3391898 unit model # lt7000xtw0 serial # mx3716255 and stock # lt7000t