Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:22:52 PM(UTC)

I believe there is only one bearing. Access to most of parts is from the back.

Gene.
J Dub Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:12:04 PM(UTC)

Thanks. How do I access the bearing...from the back or front? From the drawing it looks like there is a bearing in the blower housing. Is there any other?
Gene Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 12:23:43 PM(UTC)

Yes, the bearing could gone bad. This is very old model, much more than 30 years old with very different design compare to a newer models. The front can not be removed separate. You have to remove the whole cabinet by removing all screws on the bottom around the cabinet and lift the cabinet up and move it off. The control panel and the top panel have to be removed first.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Maytag dryer Model DE806

Gene.
kayakcrzy Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 4:38:39 AM(UTC)

Alot of times the idler pully next to the motor quits turning, check that and see. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
J Dub Posted: Monday, August 18, 2008 3:55:05 PM(UTC)

The motor runs good, the belts are in good shape, the spring is tight but the drum will not turn. I took off the belts and can turn the drum by hand with a little resistance, possibly too much for the motor. This model does not have any rollers that I can see, but could a bearing have gone bad? Also, how Can I take off the front cover, there are no screws near the bottom but there are frou screws behind the door.