Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 2:42:05 PM(UTC)

I would check the thermistor.
See Page 5 in the tech sheet.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
thkirkland Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 11:20:09 AM(UTC)

No as soon as it turns off, I can reset it and it will start right back up and run for 5-15 minutes then do it again. So far the only setting that it will not do this is the low setting.
denman Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 7:22:56 AM(UTC)

Here are the parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL GEQ9858JQ0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the tech sheet
http://www.servicematters.com/d...0Sheet%20-%203978618.pdf

Can you restart it as soon as it shuts off.
If you have to wait a minute or so it is probably the motor overheating.
The internal thermal protect is tripping and you have to wait till the motor cools and it resets. If it is this, it is strange that it is related to your temperature setting.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
thkirkland Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:33:10 AM(UTC)

I need help,Wife wants a new dryer but the one I have looks great but I'm running into a problem. The dryer Whirlpool Model # GEQ9858JQ0 ,shuts off after running several minutes, it started on the dryel setting and then it did it on the medium setting, now I'm down to just the light setting but it does get them dried on that setting. I'm not sure is its a board or the thermal couplings. Help, I can fix it but I need to know what part is causing the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.