Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 6:03:56 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL REX4634KQ0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is your wiring diagram
http://www.servicematters.com/d...0Sheet%20-%203406688.pdf

I think the dryer cycling t-stat may be bad. I have voltage at the top and bottom of the swith, but not on the sides ( violet wires). Would jumping these wires make the dryer heat?

Do not jump these wires they are the internal heater and you will put a dead short across 120 volts.
If you have 240 volts across the operating thermostat's contacts at room temperature then it is bad. It should be 0 volts.

I did notice that I only have 120v across the element. Would this t-stat have an effect on that?

If you have a true 120 volts across the heating element it should be heating up, though at half the watts of it's normal operation.

PS: Just a thought, why your are testing with the unit plugged in and risking a shock, burn or worse when the heating circuit can usually be checked with the unit unplugged using resistance.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Qtip Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 8:21:28 PM(UTC)

Dryer will run with 120. needs full 240 for heater to work. flip the breaker and re-test for 240. after flipping the breaker you should get the full 240 unless the inner wires of the outlet burned up (unlikely but possible). usually a power surge or outage will cause half the line to trip so try flipping the breaker and that will probably fix your problem
SMITHE Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 10:47:01 AM(UTC)

I think the dryer cycling t-stat may be bad. I have voltage at the top and bottom of the swith, but not on the sides ( violet wires). Would jumping these wires make the dryer heat? Everything else seems to checkout. I did notice that I only have 120v across the element. Would this t-stat have an effect on that?