Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Global Kiss Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:16:22 PM(UTC)

Gene,

I will relay the information to him. Thank you so much for your help. I know we'll be back!

I just can not say enough about Appliance Parts Pros - I use APP for work and when I need something at my personal home.

The prices, shipping times, live chat, and forum are just incredible.

Thanks again!
Gene Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:02:31 PM(UTC)

I'm glad to hear it's back in business.

Yes, the heating element should cycle on and off to maintain the proper temperature inside the dryer which controls by the cycling thermostat.

Good luck with your dryer.

Gene.
Global Kiss Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 12:46:11 PM(UTC)

Gene,

Ordered the part and maintenance has replaced it ... appears to have solved the problem.

He did want me to ask you however, if it is normal that the heating element glows red hot for 20 to 25 seconds, then stops glowing for about 1 minute, then glows 20 to 25 seconds, then stops glowing, etc. This continues throughout the cycle.

He is guessing this is how the heater operates, not glowing red hot through the entire cycle to prevent it from getting too hot.

Is this normal?
Global Kiss Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 10:57:18 AM(UTC)

Thank you Gene, I will give this information to my maintenance tech and let you know what he comes back with.
Gene Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 10:51:33 AM(UTC)

The first thing I would do is remove the rear panel, remove the lint chute (#1 on the diagram) and make sure it's clean and the blower wheel is fine. Then replace the cycling thermostat (#24).

- The cycling thermostat Part number: AP3131939
Global Kiss Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 8:26:03 AM(UTC)

Thank you Gene - sorry for the delay, had to wait on maintenance to get the info for me and I am not in the office on weekends.

According to maintenance notes, it is Whirlpool Model #LER4634EQ2 ... Serial #MJ4338281 ... "type" D433-ELE-2406028-FM54
Gene Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2009 6:07:45 PM(UTC)

What is the model number of the dryer?

Gene.
Global Kiss Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2009 10:33:02 AM(UTC)

Got a call yesterday from a guest stating the dryer in their vacation condo was not heating properly. My maintenance tech cleaned the exhaust/vent lines from the dryer to the roof as this has been a consistent problem at this particular complex (first time in this condo though). That did not solve the problem.

He ran the dryer while watching the heating coils and they burn red hot for anywhere from 4 to 10 minutes at a time, and then will shut off.

He thinks some sort of sensor somewhere may be going bad ... do you have any ideas?

Your insight and suggestions are appreciated.

KL