Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 3:38:55 PM(UTC)

I've seen them where the float is just dirty enough that it weighs more than it should and is not very buoyant. In which case a good cleaning should fix it.

I've seen ones where the switch has a very weak spring and doesn't want to pop up. If you should need to replace the switch, just make sure you get the right one.

Whirlpool WPW10195039 Water Level Switch - AppliancePartsPros.com
warrenmott1 Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 12:37:31 PM(UTC)

Dishwasher leaks from float sleeve. And only at some points of the cycle. I found 2. The first during washing, and only a little bit, the second is during the rinse, and this one leaks a lot.
Here is a link to a video of it.

https://youtu.be/e8bhJwXko9Q

My observations, float never ever floated to release the float switch. Once it started leaking, if I lift the float up from the bottom, and disengage the switch, leak stops. Let it go, it drops and leak returns.
So as far as I can tell, the water just keeps filling at these points of the cycle and overflows down the float tube.
Took float out, and it floated in a pale of water. Maybe not floating as well as it should?
When in the machine, it slides up and down easily. Don't feel any resistance.

Its not the seal washer as it is submerged most of the time, and only leaks at 2 times of the cycle.

I can't find anything on this, and don't want to just start buying parts. The float itself is 30 plus dollars for a piece of plastic with no moving parts.

Any thoughts? Can a float go bad?

Thanks