Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 1:31:34 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: nanbass Go to Quoted Post
I am replacing the face on my Bosch dishwasher and when trying to get the front control panel back on the door latched. I can't the the machine open any tips?

What is the complete model number of the dishwasher?

Gene.
nanbass Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:18:28 AM(UTC)

I am replacing the face on my Bosch dishwasher and when trying to get the front control panel back on the door latched. I can't the the machine open any tips?
Tonyz1 Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2011 7:59:18 AM(UTC)

I have a SHU5305UC/U12. i have removed the fron panal without issue, but can get top front off to expose control panal. Is there a trick or should it just fall away when you remove the 4 t-20s?
Gene Posted: Monday, January 24, 2011 12:03:57 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. I'm glad you were able to find such simple way to fix it.

Gene.
bobbq2 Posted: Monday, January 24, 2011 8:07:41 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
The instructions are on the first page of this thread.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Bosch SHU43C02 UC/14 (FD 8211-) | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Thanks Gene! I pulled the door apart again this morning and noticed a screw on either side of the door that I had missed the first time I looked at it. After removing those screws, it was a piece of cake to remove the fascia and repair the broken "Regular Wash" button by adding a supporting piece of plastic with a little crazy glue.
Gene Posted: Friday, January 21, 2011 1:39:16 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: bobbq2 Go to Quoted Post
I'm trying to remove the fascia panel from the front door of a Bosch SHU43C02UC/17. Removing all the screws from the inside of the door only gave me access to the lower door panel. Are there clips of some sort that I need to pull in a certain direction to remove the panel? I don't want to just start pulling without knowing which way to pull.

The instructions are on the first page of this thread.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Bosch SHU43C02 UC/14 (FD 8211-) | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
bobbq2 Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2011 6:47:14 PM(UTC)

I'm trying to remove the fascia panel from the front door of a Bosch SHU43C02UC/17. Removing all the screws from the inside of the door only gave me access to the lower door panel. Are there clips of some sort that I need to pull in a certain direction to remove the panel? I don't want to just start pulling without knowing which way to pull.
bill113 Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:57:28 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
To remove the outer door, open the door and remove the six T-20 Torx screws located three on each side of the inner stainless door.

Return the door back to its upright position, and bring the bottom of the door panel out toward you, then slide the top of the panel down and out from under the fascia panel.

As the outer door is being removed, the left or right door guards may shift or fall out of place. To reposition them, slide them back in over the hinge, lining up the door guard square tab with the hinge lever square notch. Please note: door guards must be in place before reinstalling the door panel.

After removing the outer door, remove the six T-20 Torx screws securing the fascia assembly to the inner door With the screws removed, bring the fascia assembly down cradling it so as not to scratch the fascia console.

With the fascia assembly removed from the unit, it can be further separated into two assemblies. To separate, release the four locking tabs and bring the fascia frame up from the fascia console.

Press in on the three locking tabs and bring the control module out from the console frame. Now remove the wiring connectors by pressing in on the locking tabs of each connector, then sliding the connector up and off from the control module. I would recommend to draw a picture of the wiring connectors sequence first.

Assemble in the reverse order.

The manufacturer has redesigned the cover and indicator lights. The APP CSR gave you the right information.

Gene.

Is the procedure possibly slightly different for Bosch SMU2046 (purchased in 1996)? When I remove the six Torx screws, the bottom of the door panel and the fascia panel seem to be attached, and I can't separate them. Lifting the door panel slightly seems to unhook the fascia panel at the top, but the left side round dial attached to the timer keeps the entire panel from coming off. Does it require some force to either separate the panels, or to remove the timer dial?

(updated 1/29/2011)...to answer my own question, yes the procedure is slightly different for the SMU2046 (mine is SMU2046UC/14 FD7605). The fascia panel is rigidly attached to the door panel, and come off together. The round dial attached to the timer comes off with the door (it was rather sticky the first time and took some force, but separates easily now), and the entire door panel plus fascia is hooked onto the inner door at the top. After pulling the bottom of the door panel out slightly, enough to clear the four buttons on the right side of the fascia panel, lift it up slightly to unhook and then pull straight away from the unit. The first time there was also a piece of foam glued to both the door panel and to the inner door that had to be cut loose.
IslandGreco Posted: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 6:11:36 AM(UTC)

SOLVED-

BOSCH- R/R Fascia to Access Power button ON TOP OF DOOR
Model Number: SHY56A05UC/14 Brand: Bosch
Read Gene's description here: bosch dishwasher (from page 1 of this thread). His instructions apply to this model as well and are EXCELLENT. Thank you Gene!

Note: The first six T-20 screws in his instructions are the LOWER three on each side inside the door which face the rear of the unit. The second six T-20 screws will be the six which remain on the top half of the door.

Page 26 of this by Chriscw:
http://www.cteq.ca/Doc_texte/DishwasherTraining bosch.pdf
will give pictures.

Thanks to Chriscw and Gene
Takeawhack Posted: Monday, May 4, 2009 2:44:29 PM(UTC)

Here are some photos that might help.
I ordered a AP2802870, and got a BSH 266746, which seems to be a replacement part.
I have struggled with this 10 year-old washer several times. This time, after resoldering the relay, the whole thing went dead. It had been flakey in many ways. What's more, about 15 different plastic bits, clips and such, on the controller had broken off. So I ordered the new controller.
With all the times I have disassembled it, the four black plastic clips on the fascia have broken off, so my fascia can just snap on and off. It is still securely held by the sheet metal at the sides, which I bend out to release it. I would not recommend going the way of breaking them, but once you have you don't have to take off the face plate at all.
Consequently, after working for 4 hours on the problem this time, I was up and going in 6 minutes after receiving the part.
Thanks AppliancePartsPros for great service, and this forum!