Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
jpatl Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:04:40 PM(UTC)

We'll run some tests using the diagram/instructions you posted and check back. But still puzzled that this seems to be a control board issue and yet replacing the board produced absolutely no change in the symptoms. Anybody else have any ideas while we do some more tinkering, please post them. Thank you.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:28:54 PM(UTC)

What I thought in the beginning that the insert is actually is a touch pad separated from the control board. But I was mistaken - the insert is not a touch pad and not connected to the main control board. The touch pad is a part of the control board.

Simon.
jpatl Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:11:07 PM(UTC)

Just to clarify, when you say insert, do you mean the control assembly or something else? You're working with a beginner/average level repair person here, apologies for all the questions...the more info the better.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 12:39:10 PM(UTC)

Hi.

Sorry, my fault.

It's just the insert, not a touch pad.
You should run the test. See the attachment.

Simon.
jpatl Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:01:12 PM(UTC)

I've attached pictures of the touch panel and control assembly so we're looking at the same thing...the touch panel looks like it's just a sticker (cosmetic). Would you mind please clarifying how the sticker could be causing the malfunction issues (dishwasher won't start and beeping/flashing lights over the buttons)? It doesn't appear to have anything to do with the electronics.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 1:30:29 PM(UTC)

It's pretty simple: peal off the old one and put the new one on.
Unplug the unit, before taking the control panel a part.

Simon.
jpatl Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 11:56:16 AM(UTC)

Sorry, one more question...how easy is the Touch Panel replacement? Is it relatively simple...just pop out the old one and pop in the new one? I couldn't tell from the diagram - looks like it's pretty much plug and play.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:43:57 PM(UTC)

Yes, it's only the touch pad. if you got the control from APP return it back for full refund or exchange.

Simon.
jpatl Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:29:12 PM(UTC)

Thanks so much, Simon! I'll order the Touch Pad today!

Just so I'm clear...based on the symptoms, are you thinking the control assembly may not have been the issue and it could've been the touch pad instead - or are both parts potentially having issues?
Simon / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:31:30 AM(UTC)

Hi.

Most likely you need to replace the touch pad not the control board.
Touch pad
Part number: AP4340371
Part number: AP4340371

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Escutcheon & Door Assembly parts for GE GSD4060N10SS - AppliancePartsPros.com

Post the results.

Simon.