Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
bobpyskadlo Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2011 12:36:11 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Jim Pickens Go to Quoted Post
Can you please advise any info on friction pad install? Thanks, jim

The pads go onto the lever arms that the white plastic connector attaches to. Disconnect the spring and the white piece. Slip the friction pad over the metal piece and reconnect the white piece and the spring.
My wife found a pad on the floor this morning. i found them on the internet, but shipping was ridiculous for something that small. I went to my local appliance parts store and thankfully bought 2 of them. When i pulled out the dishwasher, they were missing on both sides. They were $5.00 each....ridiculous!!!
mikeinnj Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2011 12:26:54 PM(UTC)

We never installed ours. The water supply was put in with a fixed pipe and to get to the repair would have been major work and not worth the effort.

It looks like, after pulling out the dishwasher, you would simply have to unhook the spring and then put the pad in place over the white piece the spring is attached to and then re-attach the spring.

Mine was just way too much effort to get the dishwasher out.

Mike
elayr Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2011 12:09:05 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Jim Pickens Go to Quoted Post

Jim, did you get your pads installed? I have the same problem you have (had). Can you clue me in on how it is done? Richard
mikeinnj Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 6:32:56 AM(UTC)

I have no more info that what you see here - I have received the parts, they match what is broken, but have not had time to pull the dishwasher to figure it all out.
Jim Pickens Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 6:06:30 AM(UTC)

Jim Pickens Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 6:04:29 AM(UTC)

Can you please advise any information you received as to installing the friction pad? Thanks, jim Pickens
Jim Pickens Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 5:59:10 AM(UTC)

Can you please advise if you found information on the friction pad install? Would appreciate any advise. Thanks, jim pickens
mikeinnj Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 2:33:21 PM(UTC)

It is item #23 on the list in section 7.

After posting my note, my wife informed me she found a similar piece a few weeks ago - so both are gone so cannot compare to the other side.

I know the fix will be simple - once I figure out where it goes.

Mike
denman Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 4:59:21 AM(UTC)

Here is the parts breakdown
Replacement parts for GU2500xtpb models | AppliancePartsPros.com
See Section 7, looks like it goes behind the spring/door link which they call a bushing.

I am not sure but most ubnits have springs on both sides so you should be able to find out where it goes by looking at the other side.

Here is a manual
https://secured.whirlpoo...0ef763c85256cbc00520548/$FILE/8178022.pdf

Check out Page 23.
I doubt that the pad will be the problem but it does show how to adjust the spring.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
mikeinnj Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 6:40:54 PM(UTC)

I found the friction pad on the floor under near the front of the dishwasher. I identified the part as the friction pad (and the door drops quickly now to confirm that). My question is what does it install on? All the diagrams I find have a picture of it but not what it attaches to nor what I need to remove. Any help would be appreciated.