Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
mrguttz Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 11:08:35 AM(UTC)

Denman I see you answered a similar question for someone regarding what might cause the thermal fuse to blow. I have the same disposal/dishwasher hookup and I will now no longer "dispose" while dishwasher is running.

I am fairly handy and think I should be able to handle the r & r of the bi thermal but before I do, is it difficult? does it require any spec tools?

Keith
mrguttz@yahoo.com
mrguttz Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 12:30:54 PM(UTC)

After the last wash I noticed the blue light indicating the dishes were clean wasn't on. After opening the dishwasher I saw that the bottom of the dishwasher was filled with water. I emptied the dishwasher (all the dishes were clean) and tried pressing the Cancel/Drain button but nothing happened. I tried the Light Wash button but again nothing happened. No lights are on and none of the buttons are working.

I checked the circuit breaker and it did not pop. The only other thing on that breaker is my disposal which is working fine.

The unit is only two weeks old but was an open box, no warranty deal ( it had a cosmetic damage). If it is a simple thing to change a part I would like to try before calling in a repairman.

Thermal fuse? Is it tough to change?

Keith