Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2008 2:50:04 AM(UTC)

I would run the dishwasher to see if the motor bearings are bad. If they are, new motor time, if not, I have used a sharp wood chisel on the old impeller to bust it out. Post results.
RSC Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 5:40:08 PM(UTC)

Gene...Thank you for your reply. I was able to get down to the impeller and found it severely broken. I may have located the impeller kit locally and will see if that does the fix. If not I will order the complete motor unit from Appliance Parts Pro. Again, thank you for your reply.
RSC
Gene Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 3:30:13 PM(UTC)

Most likely the pump seals are leaking.

If the motor bearing is not rusted yet, you can fix it by installing a new impeller kit.

If the motor bearing is already rusted, you have to replace the whole pump & motor assembly.

In both cases the pump & motor assembly has to be removed from the dishwasher but you do not need to remove the dishwasher from the cabinet.

If you are going to fix the old pump - the gasket around the pump housing has to be replaced too. You do not have to order it if you replace the whole pump & motor assembly - it's included.

- The part number for the impeller kit is AP3115180

- The part number for the housing gasket is AP2908993

- The part number for the pump & motor assembly is AP3776341

Here are the break down diagrams for the Kitchen Aid dishwasher Model KUDM24SEBL1

Gene.
RSC Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 4:37:31 PM(UTC)

There is a loud grinding noise as soon as the motor starts. Also there is water dripping around the motor underneith. Not heavy but a constant drip. Any suggestions?