Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AL_Range  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2010 7:56:21 AM(UTC)
AL_Range

Groups: Registered

The buzzer on our old stove will not shut off. The range is probably 30+ years old and there is not another part available for it. Is there a way to bypass the timer safely? I have removed several wires and the range and cooktop work, but I am not comfortable having a wire loose on a stove. I have been shutting off the circuit breaker between uses.

The stove works well and looks nice, we do not ever use the timer, but it is a type that could be set for the oven to turn on and off at a predetermined time, so all the wiring goes through the timer.

What are your thoughts?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Michael Nevin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2010 12:56:37 PM(UTC)
Michael Nevin

Originally Posted by: AL_Range Go to Quoted Post
The buzzer on our old stove will not shut off. The range is probably 30+ years old and there is not another part available for it. Is there a way to bypass the timer safely? I have removed several wires and the range and cooktop work, but I am not comfortable having a wire loose on a stove. I have been shutting off the circuit breaker between uses.

The stove works well and looks nice, we do not ever use the timer, but it is a type that could be set for the oven to turn on and off at a predetermined time, so all the wiring goes through the timer.

What are your thoughts?

I'm having the exact same problem with a model RB735G type A. The parts are no longer available, but I'd be happy with just disabling the buzzer. Please advise how this can be done.
Michael Nevin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2010 5:39:31 PM(UTC)
Michael Nevin

I removed the back panel and looked at the area right behind the clock face. There were two thinner black wires soldered to what looked like a transformer. I de-soldered and disconnected the top wire and taped it with black tape so that it wouldn't be able to make contact with anything.

I plugged the stove in and it works fine. The oven and all of the burners work fine. Like you said, we never used the timer anyway... we just wanted the buzzer to stop. I put the back panel back on and now the stove is as good as new (except for the timer that we have never used in the nine years that we've lived here). Hope you have the same luck as I did.
ahutson98  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2011 12:41:11 PM(UTC)
ahutson98

I disconnected the black wires to the buzzer also. My concern is the timer still pulling power because some relay is closed making the buzzer sound.
Al
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply