Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
praskrish  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2008 8:28:57 AM(UTC)
praskrish

Groups: Registered

Can someone please tell me how to change the left front surface burner for this GE glasstop range. Can u also post the exploded parts view of this range if available...

Thanks a lot to the people helping out in this forum....:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abadfish66  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2008 8:40:32 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

You can go to www.geappliances.com, select parts, enter the model# and you can get the exploded view......

To change the burner, unplug the range, open the oven door, and under the cooktop there ar 2 screws take them out and raise the cooktop up. You can put a box or something in there to hold the cooktop up while you change the burner. Should be 2 screws holding the burner on. Take note the # on the bottom of the old burner and put the screws back in the same # on the new burner.
praskrish  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2008 8:50:02 AM(UTC)
praskrish

Thank you so much. I got upto to the part of lifting the cootop, but i dont seem to understand the 2 screws u are talking about holding the burner.

There is support which seems to hold both the front burners ( left and right ) in place ? Is that what u are talking about ? Should i remove those screws to get to the burner ?
abadfish66  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2008 9:20:11 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Sorry, was looking at the wrong range. you will need to remove the bar that holds the burners in place, then the burner will come right off the posts it sits on, don't loose the springs. The bar should have screws on the left and right side holding onto the cooktop.
praskrish  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2008 9:34:41 AM(UTC)
praskrish

Again will both the front burners come out or can u take just the front left burner out.....sorry for being a pest i am just confused.....if u look at the exploded view am i to take the 2 screws holding the channel 32 which holds both the burners...
praskrish  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 6:00:25 AM(UTC)
praskrish

Looked at it closely and u are right there are only 2 screws with springs holding the burner in place and all i need to do is to loosen them up to remove the burner. I also saw the numbering that u mentioned on the bottom plate and i will make sure i will note it down before i remove the burner so i can put it back the same way. One question here, this is not any ordinary screw - looks weird, is there a special tool required to remove these screws... I am going to order the burner element anyhow... meanwhile can u clarify what this screw is all about...

Thanks abadfish66.... or i should really say GOOD FISH :)
abadfish66  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:15:07 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

It would actually be easier to just take the screws off both sides of the of the bar that holds on both front burners, than you can just drop both burners down take out the bad one and replace. I can't tell you what screws those are as I have never removed those ones your talking about, but I am gonna guess they are torx screws, maybe a T15 or T20 size.
praskrish  
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:55:58 AM(UTC)
praskrish

Yes that does seem to be a good idea as they are std screws..... i will let u know how this whole thing goes together.....thanks again chief...
praskrish  
#9 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2008 4:57:26 PM(UTC)
praskrish

OK - Received the new heater and SUCESSFULLY installed it. The problem i faced is i dropped the side screws inside the oven while taking it out :( and had to use some conventional screws instead in its place. I also had to loosen the TROX screws ( i think ) as it was screwed into the burner and i didnt have the right tools, i used a pliers to loosen it and boy was it painful.... Anyway managed to sucessfully install the new heater.
Thanks again abadfish66.... This forum is awesome....keep it up people...
bicdawg52  
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 10:58:24 AM(UTC)
bicdawg52

I just replaces my element using your instructions. They were spot on.

I did drop a few screws but I found them at the bottom of the stove. I then placed a board to capture the screws the next time. (all thumbs);)

I purchased a new element on ebay. The whole job cost me $46 and a little sweat and time.

Thanks.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply