Discuss

Whirlpool Double Oven - Upper Not Working

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

The therom fuse looked fine, the fuse behind the control panel was not blown and the low voltage transformer didn't

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » Whirlpool Double Oven - Upper Not Working

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2008, 06:17 PM

steffco1 is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

The therom fuse looked fine, the fuse behind the control panel was not blown and the low voltage transformer didn't appear burned out.....How do you check the parts other than visually?

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 07-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Visual test for electrical and/or electronic parts usually does not work. You have to have a multimeter with ability to measure resistance and voltage. the fuses and the transformer have to be checked for continuity.

You can learn how to do it from one of our previous posts: How To Check Continuity With Ohmmeter

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 07-19-2008, 09:21 AM

Gene,
I found that the Thermal Fuse on the board, it's a inline fuse checks fine with the continuity meter. The Low voltage power supply checks fine as well. I replaced the heating element and the unit still does not power up.

I checked the control power transformer, blue to blue has continuity and red to red does not. Red to blue none. I have the Wireing Harness schematic, BTW it was in the top of the unit.

I inspecting the board there is what appears to be heat discoloring near R188 a big blue resistor. The resistor is loose in the board.

In my opionion the board and possiably the power supply need to be replaced.

Also there the 220 power negative black wire terninates in the unit, it's discolored there as well.

Please advise......
Old 07-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffco1 View Post
...I checked the control power transformer, blue to blue has continuity and 1. red to red does not. Red to blue none. I have the Wireing Harness schematic, BTW it was in the top of the unit.

I inspecting the board there is what appears to be heat discoloring near R188 a big blue resistor. 2. The resistor is loose in the board.

In my opionion the board and possiably the power supply need to be replaced.

3. Also there the 220 power negative black wire terninates in the unit, it's discolored there as well.......

steffco1,

1. The transformer is bad.

2. Most likely the control board is bad as well.

3. Not clear what is it.

- The part number for the transformer is AP3968801

- The part number for the control board is AP3767567

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 07-20-2008, 01:46 PM

Gene,

The Suppressor, Part Number: AP3009547 made by WHIRLPOOL

Appear to have smoked as well, it's discolored where the 210 negative wire is grounded.

I think I need to Order

Control Board
Suppresor Board
Transformer

Do you agree?
Old 07-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

If it looks damaged, yes.

Gene.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:38 PM

Gene,

I have replaced the control board, surpressor and the low voltage transfomer. I have checked both Thermal Fuses and they check ok with continuity. I have checked the control panel fuse and it checks ok. I have 220 volts into the unit, checked with my multi-meter.

Still not working....What's next......?
Old 07-23-2008, 06:43 PM

I replaced Transformer

Part Number: AP3968801 made by WHIRLPOOL not hte low voltage transformer
Old 07-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

steffco1,

This is the transformer which provides low voltage for the control board. The primary winding of this transformer receives 120VAC from the control board (terminals P16-5 & P16-7, red wires) and low voltage is coming into the control board through the terminals P16-2 & P16-3 (blue wires).

Check if the is 120VAC between the black (P24-3) and white (P24-1) wires. Do not forget to remove them from the control board prior to testing.

If there is 120VAC then check for 120VAC between the terminals P16-5 and P16-7.

Post the results.

Gene.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:05 PM

Gene,

It's working..I didn't push one connector home on the control board....Thanks for the help........
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.