Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wordfool  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2008 5:01:03 PM(UTC)
wordfool

Groups: Registered

I just bought a used Viking range for cheap and have a few repairs to do but I have been unable to identify the model number for ordering parts. Evidently the model number/serial number sticker is gone and Viking Support said there is now no way of identifying the model, which I find hard to believe.

I *think* it's a VDSC307 -- it's four sealed burners, dual fuel, convection, 30-inches with the square burner grates, about 4-5 years old. It also looks like all the photos I've seen of the VDSC307 :)

Is there any way of identifying the model from its part numbers? Or do many Viking ranges use the same basic parts? I need new door hinges, for example, and I don't want to get a hinge that looks the same but isn't.

On the subject of hinges... I removed the door and took out the hinges and the problem seems to be that the hinge shafts look slightly bent on the door side, almost as if someone stood on the open door. That would explain the floppiness of the door when open and the fact that the door doesn't fully close. In addition, the spring seems to lack the "snap" to pull the door properly closed.

Anyone know if these Viking hinges are adjustable at all? And does anyone know their part number (assuming my range is the VDSC307)? Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.