Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ted_2010  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 9:33:51 AM(UTC)
ted_2010

Groups: Registered

My Maytag model che9800 bcm range digital display has gone blank. It is a slide-in model (purchased April 1997), with the controls on the front end above the oven door. Pushing the keypad buttons does nothing. The cook-top burners and oven light works. The oven itself does not work. The circuit breaker for this outlet is not tripped. The oven element is intact (replaced 5 months ago). Is there an internal fuse for the control panel? If so where is it located? If not a fuse, is it a blown out circuit board? Would this be a difficult problem for me to repair? I'm experienced at soldering and replacing components on circuit boards. So, if were a bad capacitor I could replace it. Expensive? How do I access the control panel? I can't see how the glass cook-top is removed. Can you give me a step by step troubleshooting procedure to follow?
Thanks, Ted-
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Sylvia California  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 26, 2010 12:03:30 PM(UTC)
Sylvia California

My Maytag oven shut down while baking Christmas dinner. Gas burners and light still worked fine. After trying Sabbath fix (hold Clock button for 5 seconds), we called one of those guys who knows how to fix everything. His suggestion of unplugging it for one minute did the trick! Caution: my clock has been losing time lately, so this may not be the ultimate fix.
kayakcrzy  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 3:55:14 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

No it is not. The clock will go out again, because one of the relays on the board, are most likely heating up. Tom Appliance Educator, Appliance Parts, Washer and Dryer Parts, Refridgerator and Freezer Parts, Stove and Oven Parts
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2023 11:13:50 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Control board will not work. Maytag Gemini double oven. Powers on. Is there a quick fix? A fuse?
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2023 11:42:14 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Maytag model che9800bcm digital display is blank, if I push on top it comes back on, and last a day or 2 then out. How do I remove top to repair?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply