Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hyperlexis  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 15, 2010 10:11:46 AM(UTC)
hyperlexis

Groups: Registered

I own the Dodo bird of stoves. I just bought a used 1987 Caloric Electric-Microwave Combination Range off Craigslist and it needs some repairs. The unit is hard to find parts for alas, and was relatively rare when it came out. It microwaves and conventionally cooks in the same oven cavity, so you can cook food much faster than normal. Anyway, the long and short is that the "hi limit thermostat" that controls the self cleaning cycle has just died, after one week of use... The repairman confirmed all else is fine, just this high limit switch. as a result, the bake and broil elements do not get 220v and do not heat. The top elements and timer work fine, as does the plaing microwave setting. So I'd like to replace the high limit thermostat but finding one has been difficult. A used part would be best, and most economical. The original Caloric part # was 0064087. An updated Maytag part was 0059351, and a final Whirlpool part was #Y0059351.

Does anyone have suggestions on finding the part and how to install it?

Any way to also get access to a full parts list for this range + schematic drawings. Hopefully someone has this digitized off the original microfilms. Any repair books for this model or the corresponding Amana versions? Nothiong I have found online mentions them. Just regular, newer Amana electrics.

Images of the range>>>>>>>>>

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=...g0MGRlZmY4MDcx&hl=en
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.