Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
juliecartercook  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2010 12:15:19 PM(UTC)
juliecartercook

Groups: Registered

My Jenn Air dual fuel stove started flashing F1-8 and then beeping. If we turned the power off over night we could use the oven for a few hours the next day. Then it would repeat the code and beeping. After a few weeks the over night was not enough to reboot and the oven just flashed code and beeped. Was told I needed the circuit board (also referred to as clock and harness) replaced. I orded part #74009315 from your site. My repair guy put in the new part and the same code came up. He says it must be the touch panel, part #74007239. I am curious if this sounds correct. Would love a reply.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 8, 2010 4:04:58 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here is a manual.
I am not sure if it applies to your unit as I cannot find any info on that model number.
http://www.servicematters.com/maytag_library/docs/16010161.pdf

Looks like the error may be a bad temperature probe (sensor)

Here is a good site with basic info
http://www.applianceaid.com/elecrange.html
Check out 7, 8 20 and 21
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
kayakcrzy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 8, 2010 4:15:53 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: juliecartercook Go to Quoted Post
My Jenn Air dual fuel stove started flashing F1-8 and then beeping. If we turned the power off over night we could use the oven for a few hours the next day. Then it would repeat the code and beeping. After a few weeks the over night was not enough to reboot and the oven just flashed code and beeped. Was told I needed the circuit board (also referred to as clock and harness) replaced. I orded part #74009315 from your site. My repair guy put in the new part and the same code came up. He says it must be the touch panel, part #74007239. I am curious if this sounds correct. Would love a reply.

I would replace the touch pad. Most of the times it is hard to tell which one it is. I would have replaced the board first too. Because, it would seem like a relay on the board was heating up, because of the fact that if you shut it down, it would work, when you turned it on for awhile. Tom ApplianceEducator.com - Parts
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply