Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jon H  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 12:23:22 PM(UTC)
Jon H

Groups: Registered

Problem description:
Oven Model: RB130PXV
Part ordered: WHL 326791
Problem: Broken wire that leads to element

We have an old Whirlpool electric oven. I contacted Appliance Parts Pros to see if they had a replacement. They said no so I ordered the lower bake element. I have replaced it several times before. We cleaned up the oven and tried to replace the bake element. Come to find out it was not the element at all. One of the wires had burned off. When I removed the old element the wire on the right side was attached to the element. The one on the left was not. I took the oven doors off and unscrewed everything I could get to so I could pull out the oven liner. That didn't work so I pull the whole oven out of the cabinet only to find out that the wiring was too short and I can not get to the back of the oven. Now I am stuck with an upper oven that has no bake element and a loose wire in the back.
What I am looking for is a resource to tell me how to pull the liner out or to get to the back so I can replace the wire.
Thank you for your help
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:33:49 PM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

[COLOR="Red"]First, unplug it or turn it off at the breaker[/COLOR]. If it's a wall mounted double oven, the surest way is to pull it out of the hole. You'll likely need help with this, as it is very heavy. You may have some luck fishing it through with a stiff wire (like a wire clothes hanger).
Jon H  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 2:14:00 PM(UTC)
Jon H

Groups: Registered

I did or thought I did what I was supposed to. I turned the power off, first thing. Took the whole thing apart, best I could. found out that, yes it is heavy and the electrical connections are too short to pull it all the way out. I tried to pull out the oven box itself and could not. I tried to find the wire with a, as you put it, stiff piece of wire. All I could get out was the fiberglass lining.

When I reassembled it I found that I had not turned off the right circuit when I welded the vent tube to the power for the clock. I used the light inside to see if I had turned the power off only to find out, from my wife, that the bulb has been burned out for some time.

The real problem is not only the broken off wire but the length of the wire. The one that is not broken off just barely clears the inside of the oven before it goes taught. The other one is even shorter. I need to be able to get at the wiring harness or be able to pull the oven liner out and get to the wires. So far I have taken the doors off and taken out every screw I could find. It still is connected some where.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply