Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
philko  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 22, 2008 3:00:51 PM(UTC)
philko

Groups: Registered

I have a GE JTP20WFWW oven that, for no apparent reason, has stopped responding to 4 out of the 16 buttons on the touch panel. (FWIW: They are the top two on the right and the top two on the left).

I pulled the panel off and, using a multimeter, verified that 10 of the working buttons were successfully making connections between two of the conductors on the rubbon cable. I could not find any pairs that had continuity for the 4 buttons that the oven is not responding to *or* the "Start" and "Clear" buttons (even though pressing both of those two results in a beep when the panel is connected to the oven).

Questions:
1) Is the touch panel something that could possibly be repaired or is it a "chuck it and replace it" only part?
2) Does anyone out there have information about which pins on the ribbon cable are supposed to have continuity when specific buttons are pressed?
3) Given what I've described, what are the chances that there's a problem w/ the control circuit board (either in addition to the control panel or instead of it)?

Thanks!
phil
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.