Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
evergreenc  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2007 7:26:46 AM(UTC)
evergreenc

Groups: Registered

Keypad not working...have used reset instructions with no success..how do I remove topcap bar for access to electronic keypad??
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

subrostud  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2007 6:09:58 AM(UTC)
subrostud

Originally Posted by: evergreenc Go to Quoted Post
Keypad not working...have used reset instructions with no success..how do I remove topcap bar for access to electronic keypad??

We were using the vent, and it will not turn off, despite reset (hitting hi and low at the same time) and despite unplugging it. It ran all night@! Any ideas?
:(
dgoode  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2007 4:05:39 PM(UTC)
dgoode

Raised vent not working either. But judging by the replys neither are the "pros".
Admin / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2007 10:07:58 AM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Ouch! Dgoode, post the vent model number and more info (does the vent do anything, etc.).
dgoode  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2007 4:18:39 AM(UTC)
dgoode

The vent will not do anything. It used to not go all the way up for fan operation so we messed with it enough to get it all the way up and left it there. Now no power to the buttons at all.
I checked the fuse on the circuit board and it is good, however the board has a dark spot right in the middle of it. I hope its something simple, that board is $200 bones.

What do ya think?
Gene  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2007 1:56:24 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi dgoode

If the fuse is good check for continuity between the fuse and L3 (drive motor terminal)

- If this circuit is open the PCB is bad and must be replaced.

If this is not the issue then it is very possible that there is poor electrical contact between the Touch Pad and the Contact Board.
Before replacing the Keypad Assembly check for a foreign material between the Touch Pad and the Contact Board. Examples of foreign material include grease, cooking residue, moisture, or residue from cleaning agents. Circuit board cleaner or equivalent (available from electronic supply stores) should be used to clean the keypad assembly.
To diagnose the keypad:
1. Disconnect the Keypad Molex plug at the Main PCB and attach leads of an Ohm meter to pins #12 and #13.

2. Push the UP/DOWN button. This must show a closed circuit
If the above test does not show a closed circuit, perform the following.
- Check for grease or any foreign material between the Touch Buttons and the contact board. Clean with an electronic contact cleaner as described above.
- Repeat test above.
- If the contacts are clear, replace the keypad assembly.
- If the circuit is closed, check for 120VAC between contacts N3 and L3 on the main PCB. If voltage is not present, replace the main PCB.

To help you with the right part numbers I need you to post the complete model number of the raised vent.

Good luck.
Gene.

dgoode  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2007 4:51:27 AM(UTC)
dgoode

Thanks Gene I'll start on it this evening.
Gene  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2007 7:30:19 AM(UTC)
Gene

Keep me updated, please.
Do not forget to post the model number.

Gene.
Vincent  
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 1, 2008 5:42:25 PM(UTC)
Vincent

Dear Gene- I am thrilled to find an actual expert! I have a 14 year old Dacor RV36W down draft vent. So far all appliance parts sites I have visited say that they don't have that model in their database.
Anyway, My vent comes on and stays on. Sometimes I can get it to retract, and it may stop briefly, but it pops right back up and goes on again. I know I need to clean the Keypad contacts and the contact board it mounts over. One of the contact spots looks corroded- the one that goes under the "filter" button. Do I need to replace the contact board- it costs about $120? Since the problem is with a failure to shut off, I thought the problem might be with the "contact limit switches", especially the lower one. I hope you can help me, thanks in advance.
Gene  
#10 Posted : Friday, May 2, 2008 1:18:50 PM(UTC)
Gene

Vincent,

The first thing I would do is replace the keypad, then locate the wiring diagram inside the cabinet and check for continuity both limit switches. If the continuity test will show a wrong readings, check alignment of the switches - very often they could be just misaligned.

- The part number for the keypad is AP3394114

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply