Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
robertglick  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2010 2:50:28 PM(UTC)
robertglick

Groups: Registered

At the end of a self cleaning cycle, both oven doors would not unlock. I had to call in a repairman to see what was wrong and unlock the doors. He said the self cleaning mechanism would need to be replaced but the cost was around $800+. Of course I almost had a heart attack and said no. He disconnected the self cleaning part so the door would open and I could use the ovens; just no self cleaning. Can anyone help?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2010 11:22:20 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: robertglick Go to Quoted Post
At the end of a self cleaning cycle, both oven doors would not unlock. I had to call in a repairman to see what was wrong and unlock the doors. He said the self cleaning mechanism would need to be replaced but the cost was around $800+. Of course I almost had a heart attack and said no. He disconnected the self cleaning part so the door would open and I could use the ovens; just no self cleaning. Can anyone help?

What help do you need?

The "Self cleaning mechanism" does not make any sense. There is no such part and we do not know what were his troubleshooting results. He must give you exact diagnosis results and all needed part numbers. On the other side the self clean controls by the Electronic Range Control (ERC) and two relay boards which are perhaps bad. All parts are very expensive and the repair is not very simple.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply