Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JoyK  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2008 3:34:12 AM(UTC)
JoyK

Groups: Registered

According to our Gas Service Technician, our ignitor/glow bar needs replaced on this wall oven/broiler. Will the Maytag square ignitor work for this one? I can't find the model number on any of the online repair parts web sites and Gene mentions this one and has posted a picture in a separate thread. It looks like the one in our oven but I haven't removed it yet to be sure. The tag on the oven says its 120VAC, 60HZ, and 10AMP. And how difficult is this to replace? Just remove the old and install the new basically?

Thanks,

Joy
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

SublimeMasterJW  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2008 5:47:59 AM(UTC)
SublimeMasterJW

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Your stove takes a generic ignitor better known as a GR412. Maytag makes a generic one as well. It comes with extra long wires and no receptacle plug. You use your old plug. The kit comes with two high temp porcelon wire nuts.WPMW1.jpg
Part #: 5303935066
Replacement for: 08013883; 316030600; 3203706; 41-205; 5303131300; 5303207520; 5308009420; IGN-5; GR-412
Universal Flat Ignitor used on Frigidaire/gibson/westinghouse brand gas ranges and ovens. For use with Eaton NC4100 series safety valves with 3.2 - 3.6 amp range. Works on whirlpool, Magic Chef, and maytag too.
SublimeMasterJW attached the following image(s):
gr412a.jpg
SublimeMasterJW  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2008 6:01:08 AM(UTC)
SublimeMasterJW

I yank the oven door off if possible. Then remove the racks and floorboard. Next remove the flame spreader and then the glowbar will be right there mounted on top of the burner. Remove the wingnut on the burner and the quick connect on the glowbar. Get the burner/glowbar assembly out and set it on the table. Replace the glowbar and be careful not to drop or touch the corborundom filement. Doing so will cause early failure. Carefully install the burner with new glowbar back onto the oven.Give her a try. If it work ok then put all the other stuff back and send me a pie. Apple sounds nice. LOL!
JoyK  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2008 8:11:56 AM(UTC)
JoyK

Thanks! I guess the plug you speak of is on the other end of the wires? I see insulation back there and pulled on them carefully to see if a plug came out, but didn't want to go too far until I spoke with someone. I turned off the electric, of course.
SublimeMasterJW  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2008 8:45:07 AM(UTC)
SublimeMasterJW

The new ignitor comes with extra long wires, so if you don't feel like digging out the quick plug you could just snip the wires at the base of the old ignitor. The replacement is gonna need to be wire nuted anyway right? Get as much of the 2 out as you feel comfy with. I can smell apple pie in the air! :D
JoyK  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:04:07 AM(UTC)
JoyK

SublimeMasterJW  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2008 10:49:20 AM(UTC)
SublimeMasterJW

apple pie buzzoldswitch.jpg
SublimeMasterJW attached the following image(s):
fky gf.jpg
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply