Discuss

GE Oven flashing Locked Door & won't heat

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

Oven and glass top Electric, Spectra Profile. First trouble I've had - Digital readout/panel on top flashes LockedDoor and won't

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » GE Oven flashing Locked Door & won't heat

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 12:20 PM

Doreen in FL is on a distinguished road
Default GE Oven flashing Locked Door & won't heat
Brand: GE   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Oven and glass top Electric, Spectra Profile.
First trouble I've had - Digital readout/panel on top flashes LockedDoor and won't heat up. I had a turkey breast in the oven at 350 deg and came into kitchen half hour before timer was set to expire, to find that. The oven was no longer at 350 (began to do this maybe when someone looked inside or maybe hit the panel by mistake I thought) I tried off/clear, then turning on/off breaker to stove but nothing works to clear the message and make it actually Work again.
Stove top is working, and had to move the turkey breast to microwave... I hope this is not an expensive problem HELP!!

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 03-26-2010, 12:33 PM

Doreen in FL is on a distinguished road
Default Found a 2007 post by Gene in reply to Heather !!

It worked! Thanks Heather, for having the issue then and Gene for replying with the fix that worked for me in 2010!
God Bless the Internet and forums like this!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:58 AM

Rose_Home6 is on a distinguished road
Default Gene - are you out there?

Gene - looks like you are an Appliance Superman. I am hoping that you or someone else can help. I have a 6-yr old GE Profile gas oven. I went to self-clean it but the door was not shut all the way. So I immediately turned off the cleaning, but the lock latch closed. So the display says "locked" and I cannot shut my stove door, or use it. But can't seem to reset the lock either. I have killed power to the unit for a few minutes, it reset the whole thing, but when it came back on - it said "locked" again. How to I out-smart this thing?

Thanks,
Tom
Old 08-01-2012, 04:01 PM

lnjstim is on a distinguished road
Default I am having the same problem with my GE double oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doreen in FL View Post
Oven and glass top Electric, Spectra Profile.
First trouble I've had - Digital readout/panel on top flashes LockedDoor and won't heat up. I had a turkey breast in the oven at 350 deg and came into kitchen half hour before timer was set to expire, to find that. The oven was no longer at 350 (began to do this maybe when someone looked inside or maybe hit the panel by mistake I thought) I tried off/clear, then turning on/off breaker to stove but nothing works to clear the message and make it actually Work again.
Stove top is working, and had to move the turkey breast to microwave... I hope this is not an expensive problem HELP!!
I am having the same problem with my ge double oven. Please help!
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.