Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Twn333  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 1:59:59 PM(UTC)
Twn333

Groups: Registered

The bottom broiler on my Frigidaire Double Oven does not work. I think it may have never worked. We used the bottom oven for convection cooking mostly and the top one for baking and broiling. I swapped the broiler element with the top oven but it made no difference.

We stopping using the bottom oven about a year ago because it started to smell like burning wires even when baking. I pulled the oven out, removed the back and top panels. I didn't see any burnt or melted wires and all connections seemed tight so I hooked the power back up and tested it. The smell was coming from the common (COM) connection on the DLB block on the relay board for the bottom oven. The block was melting around the connection. I replaced the Relay Board and the bottom broiler still does not work in broil mode. It seems to work ok when the oven is preheating.

The top oven broiler voltage is 240v when in preheat or broiler mode. Each side is 120v to ground. The bottom broiler voltage is 240v when in preheat mode but ZERO when in broiler mode. I still get 120v to ground in either mode. I double checked it with extension cord plugged into a 120v outlet. On one circuit I get zero volts on both sides of the element, but when I switch the extension to a different circuit I get 240v on both sides of the broiler element.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 2:56:24 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE GLEB27T8ABA Frigidaire/electric Wall Oven | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a wiring diagram though it is not very good.
http://manuals.frigidaire.com/prodinfo_pdf/Lassomption/318046110.pdf

Sounds like your control board is gone.
Since it works in preheat the control and dlb relays relay must be OK.
The only thing I can think of is that the control relay is not getting a signal to close from the control board when in broil.
[COLOR="Blue"]
The top oven broiler voltage is 240v when in preheat or broiler mode. Each side is 120v to ground. The bottom broiler voltage is 240v when in preheat mode but ZERO when in broiler mode. I still get 120v to ground in either mode.[/COLOR]
One side of the elements are basically hard wired to one side of the line. Then the other side has the relay contacts to control them so you will always see 120 volts.
When when working correctly you see the 240. Then when you measure to ground you see 120 from L1 side and 120 from L2 side.
When not working re: no 240, when you measure you see 120 from the L1 side but since the element is not grounded and is basically just a piece of wire you also see the L1 voltage on the other side.
Hope this makes sense!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]I double checked it with extension cord plugged into a 120v outlet. On one circuit I get zero volts on both sides of the element, but when I switch the extension to a different circuit I get 240v on both sides of the broiler element.[/COLOR]
Sorry you lost me here, cannot understand how you gor 240 out of a 120 circuit.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply