Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chrisw  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2010 4:01:45 PM(UTC)
chrisw

Groups: Registered

Greetings All,
My Thermador RDSS30 has begun to act up again.

If i set it to bake, it starts at 100 and very slowly climbs up but doesn't go over 200 degrees.

The bake element never gets red and the oven keeps clicking. The broil element works fine though.

The last time this happened I replaced the bake element and it came back on, however this time replacing the bake element has not solved the problem.

Possibly a defective element?

Can someone tell me how to test the element and possibly advise on what else besides the element could be wrong.

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

chrismw  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 4:38:24 PM(UTC)
chrismw

Groups: Registered

Ok .. tested the bake element and it's good. As a matter of fact both of them are good.

With that said, I see a lot of chatter of bake relays and such. I also see chatter that suggests if it were the control board the entire unit wouldn't work correctly which is not the case.

If one of the pro's could chime in on this one it would be appreciated since we have an event coming up and the wife will need the oven.

Would save me a bunch of money .....
Servicer  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:21:09 AM(UTC)
Servicer

Groups: Senior Expert

Hello,
The only components within this range that are specific to the bake element getting hot is the element itself and the relay on the control board. There are other components that play a part in getting 240v to the bake element, but those components are common to bake and broil.

So, if you're broil element glows red during broil and the bake element is good, all that's left is the control board. Of course, there could be an open wire in-between the components, but it's not likely and harder to diagnose.

KC
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply