Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PLANZ  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2010 4:05:28 PM(UTC)
PLANZ

Groups: Registered

Greetings,
My first post on this site. So here it goes. I have a GAS stove whereby the oven portion no longer works as of this past Sunday. From searching the internet it sounded like it was the igniter. Sounded simple to change thus I proceeded to this site and purchased a igniter from this site. part number : AP3135265 (3186491)

It arrived today. I installed the igniter. (easy) Plugged everything back in and turned the gas back on. Pressed "bake" on the control panel then pressed "start." The digital displayed showed "PRE" (normal) which simply means preheat. I would hear a "click" sound after I pressed start, waited a few minutes (5-6 mins) I opened the front door and don't smell gas and feel no heat. Heat setting is at 350 F.

The stove top burners work fine.

The stove in question is a Kenmore Plus. Model: 66575775890

Picture of stove:
UserPostedImage

It appears I may have to return the iginiter for a refund. :( However my issues is not yet resolved any other ideas?

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PLANZ  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2010 8:49:18 AM(UTC)
PLANZ

Anyone out there??
PLANZ  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 6, 2010 4:53:08 AM(UTC)
PLANZ

Hi Folks,
I did a bit more investigating on this stove. The bottom igniter seemed to be bad. I know this as I plugged them in and no red to white glow. However my problem is still not resolved. My top igniter in the oven will not glow. I swapped igniters to rule out if it was another igniter gone bad. The ignitier that worked on the bottom didnt work on the top. So that tells me my issue is with some sort of sending unit of sorts to the top igniter? Your thoughts? if so what do I need to purchase for this stove? Any other suggestions - please do not hesitate to chime in.
So thus far I had one bad igniter which I replaced. But still no heat and no smell of gas. seems like juice is not getting to top igniter in oven.

Also there are no error codes.
PLANZ  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 6, 2010 2:41:04 PM(UTC)
PLANZ

Yahoo! Figured it out. ! Please do not bnother yourself any trouble by replying.

Oven is working like a champ.

Thanks for all you help! :p :p
JeddMcHead  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2010 8:04:45 AM(UTC)
JeddMcHead

Planz,

We're having the SAME problem you were having with your Kenmore 6567577890. I read with interest from one thread to another as you described what you were going through -- I thought for sure your solution would be ours.

Yet, the last post you offered was "Figured it out/thanks", pretty much. Figured what out? Please provide some details -- you left the saga hanging with no closure.

Jedd
PLANZ  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2010 9:11:49 AM(UTC)
PLANZ

Hi,
Yeah when I posted this after I noticed numerous reads and no replies I figured what the heck I must be the ignorant one as no one replied (except for myself)

Anyhow. Its quite simple once figured out. If you have the exact same issue i had then it was the igniter.

Remove the racks in the over, then remove that bottom cover (there are only 2 screws towards the rear. Then remove the igneter (again 2 screws.) keep in mind these screws are kinda junk. Mine were kind of stripped. remove the igniter and replace with new. make sure to notice how the old one is in there before you remove it.
after its plugged in and all buttoned up per se' turn on the oven (lower the temp to like 250) so you can see the results of your work faster.
That igniter should glow red then white (becareful as it is super hot). (keep it on for a few minutes to verify the burner lights up. once it lights up then problem solved. Then agin you may want to try it BEFORE you put that bottom cover back on there is also a diffusor (i think its called that) that you will have to remove as well to get to ignitor

Enjoy
if I had to do it again it would take about 20 mins to complete.

Let us know how it goes.
JeddMcHead  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2010 3:21:10 PM(UTC)
JeddMcHead

Planz,

Excellent, thank you! I had already removed the racks and bottom plate but now have removed the diffuser (I, too, believe that's what it's called) and see exactly what you're talking about. In fact, I can see the igniter is cracked, so, there you go.

It's all downhill from here! We've ordered the igniter, should be here this week.

Thanks, again!

Jedd
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply