Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jstarzy  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 20, 2008 5:33:46 AM(UTC)
jstarzy

Groups: Registered

I took this range apart Sunday after the #1 xlo burner would not ignite. It appeared the selenoid was not activating allowing for gas, though there was spark. I was in the process of troubleshooting and swapping the pot wiring at the simmer control board when the pot #2 wire accidentally hit ground. This caused a spark at the #2 pot and now xlo burner 1 and 2 are both dead with no gas, spark or indicator lamp.

I see there is a rebuild kit that includes 2 pots and a new controller. AP3872616. I'm hoping this will fix the problem at both burners.

Just to make sure, I successfully measured low and high voltges at the simmer board input...all fine.

I'm up for buying the kit if it will fix the problem. Just want to make sure I'm headed in the right direction from someone familiar with this range and design.

Thanks...hoping an expert may lend some advice.
Much appreciated..Jim S.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.