Discuss

can't find model number on my thermador

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

I am trying to repair the F64 problem I am getting on my oven. I can not find the model

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » can't find model number on my thermador

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 09:28 AM

Bratcop is on a distinguished road
Default can't find model number on my thermador
Brand: Thermador   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I am trying to repair the F64 problem I am getting on my oven. I can not find the model number anywhere, even with it partially disassy. and out of the cabinet. Here are the specs...Thermador double oven, top is convection, bottom is not. All glass surfaces, black in color. Digital touch pad to control, all glass. The word Thermador is centered above the centered green digital display. Below the centered display are the numbers 1 to 0 and a start button.

I began looking for air switches, but can not find any. I have found a sensor on the end of the motor, was wondering if that is what senses the fan being on?

does anyone know the naming conventions used by thermador? like does SCD302T stand for sc(convection)d(double)302t(touch)?

I can't find an

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 03-07-2010, 05:56 PM

Bratcop is on a distinguished road
Default success so far...

I never could find a model number. I pulled the double oven from the wall and began to remove pieces. I exposed the back and found the two exhaust fans, one for the top oven and one for the bottom. I had learned that f64 was an error code indicating the bottom fan was not on, but it was running. I was looking for sail switches, but couldn't find any. I followed the p6 main board wire harness as it is the cuplrit with respect to the bottom fan. It has no sail switch in it, but I did find that each fan motor has a magnetic type sensor, which can be taken apart. I pulled each of these apart, (I am assuming these are what sense that the fan is running), and cleaned them with electronic cleaner spray and a light rag. They were oily and a little dusty, but nothing major. I then returned them to their mounting locations and plugged them back in. I had removed the main board to better inspect the solder connections on p6, but I did not see any problems. I reinstalled it and plugged all the connections back in. It has been working for 2 weeks straight now. No more F64, and I was able to fire up both ovens to 500 F and it worked without fault. I was even able to run the self clean for 3 hours without issue. Even though I got no responses on here, I did gain some knowledge, so thank you. I hope this helps someone else.

bratcop
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.