Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CShort5  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2010 4:58:02 AM(UTC)
CShort5

Groups: Registered

Last night the touch pad on our 2 1/2 year old Jenn-Air stove stopped working. The clock is still illuminated and the timer button works, but none of the other buttons do. We removed the panel to take a look inside and the ribbon cable that runs to the control panel has split open. All of the connections are still there, but the plastic coating has come apart. Could this be the problem... and if so, can we replace just the ribbon cable? Or is it the whole control panel that needs to be replaced?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2010 2:15:15 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for JENN-AIR JES8850BAS Range - S/c S/i Ele | AppliancePartsPros.com

Does not look like the ribbon cable is available as a separate part.
It is probably hard wired onto the control panel.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
CShort5  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2010 6:46:23 AM(UTC)
CShort5

Thank you... I thought I might need to order the entire control panel. Do you know if there is a tech sheet or something available that will help with the installation? I consider myself somewhat handy, but wasn't sure how technical or involved a replacement like this is. I'd like to save some money and do-it-myself if possible.
Thanks again!
denman  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2010 8:22:06 AM(UTC)
denman

sicona  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2010 7:44:17 AM(UTC)
sicona

Originally Posted by: CShort5 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you... I thought I might need to order the entire control panel. Do you know if there is a tech sheet or something available that will help with the installation? I consider myself somewhat handy, but wasn't sure how technical or involved a replacement like this is. I'd like to save some money and do-it-myself if possible.
Thanks again!

Hi, I have the very same issue you had with the oven, and was wondering if you were able to fix it by yourself.
CShort5  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2010 2:46:45 AM(UTC)
CShort5

Yes we were... we had ordered the wrong part at first, but returned it for the correct part and everything works great now. We made the mistake of ordering item #10 on the control panel diagram... it was labeled CNTRL-ELEC (electronic panel behind the push buttons for the oven/stove). We actually needed item #1 on the diagram PANL-CNTRL which is the whole front piece of the stove and included the ribbon cable (not detachable) which plugged into the CNTRL-ELEC. Once we got the right part, installation was pretty straight forward... it took us about 35-40 minutes from start to finish. Hope this helps... Good Luck!
sicona  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 11:03:49 AM(UTC)
sicona

Originally Posted by: CShort5 Go to Quoted Post
Yes we were... we had ordered the wrong part at first, but returned it for the correct part and everything works great now. We made the mistake of ordering item #10 on the control panel diagram... it was labeled CNTRL-ELEC (electronic panel behind the push buttons for the oven/stove). We actually needed item #1 on the diagram PANL-CNTRL which is the whole front piece of the stove and included the ribbon cable (not detachable) which plugged into the CNTRL-ELEC. Once we got the right part, installation was pretty straight forward... it took us about 35-40 minutes from start to finish. Hope this helps... Good Luck!

Very kind to respond so promptly! I will take the risk, order the same part and give it a shot myself. Thanks!
doubleh47  
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:53:02 PM(UTC)
doubleh47

I'm having the same problem. The links to the two pdf files is not working. Can you check and re-post? Thanks
denman  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 12:16:25 AM(UTC)
denman

The original links are obsolete, see below.

See the attachment for the *926 tech sheet

Here is a link to the *927 service manual
Download JES8850B.pdf
Uncheck the "use our download manager" and then use the gray button to download.
Otherwise the site may put software on your computer that you do not want.
File Attachment(s):
JES8850.pdf (1,293kb) downloaded 74 time(s).
doubleh47  
#10 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 11:10:58 AM(UTC)
doubleh47

thanks! hh
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply