Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
leeelson  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 8, 2008 11:41:51 AM(UTC)
leeelson

Groups: Registered

In an earlier post (flame flicker problem - Appliance Repair Forum) I described a burner problem (flame flickers at high setting) on a natural gas Dacor cooktop (pgm365). After talking to the company, they said it was likely to be a gas/air mixture problem that can be solved by adjusting a valve. I have a parts list but don't know which valve they might be talking about. Is it likely to be the on/off valve?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Drexfix  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 23, 2008 7:48:41 PM(UTC)
Drexfix

Have you resolved the simmer issue? I have a similar problem--an ER36D main burner will not sustain a steady simmer--the flame flickers. The other identical burner seems to have a bit more flow in simmer mode. I would think there is a way to adjust the simmer valve setting. Can anyone confirm this?
Drexfix  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2009 7:10:24 PM(UTC)
Drexfix

Just wanted to report that the flicker problem has been totally fixed. Dacor sent an authorized service man who first swapped the orifice on the bad simmer burner with the one from the good burner. The problem went to the good burner, showing it was an orifice problem, not a gas flow or valve issue. He used a needle to clean the orifice, re-installed it, and problem solved.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply