Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
debaire  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2008 8:15:50 AM(UTC)
debaire

Groups: Registered

I was posting on another thread about my problem but decided to stop hijacking that thread and started my own.
I have a GE cooktop range. I'm not sure if it's related, but I'll go through the events. Water was spilled on the cooktop and the electrodes kept sparking. We cut the breaker and waited and eventually the water evaporated. This seemed to have fixed the continuous sparking issue.

However, my wife noticed that one burner would not light. There was no sparking although we could hear and smell the gas. After some troubleshooting, we figured out it's not the electrode because it sparks when the other burners are being lit. So the issue is somewhere between the knob and burner. If I jiggle around with the knob back and forth while pressing I can periodically get it to spark once or twice but it's an arduous affair.

So I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to try and fix this. Is it something I can easily replace? Or is this a bigger deal...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.